Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Another Deco Vibe Flippy Skirt

This is my third Deco Vibe skirt (fourth if you count the muslin). One no longer fits and was passed to a friend (who has now also lost weight!). One in Brown and I planned another black one but was unable to easily find some black DK locally, so I ended up with the Charcoal Marle Ponte de Roma from Spotlight. At least it goes well with the top I recently made.

Fuzzy phone picture of the inside back yoke, showing the scrap of Rayon lining I used for the yoke facing and my new label sewn in. It is a pretty blue, which I liked against the grey of the skirt.

Not much else to show for the moment...

Monday, August 16, 2010

Butterick 5495 - the start of Spring!

Well, after the singlet tops, I am still making more Spring/Summer tops. Not sure why really as it is still too cold to wear them, but they seem to be helping me get back to the sewing machine, so it is not all bad.

This is Butterick 5495. I made the sleeveless version at the shorter length. The fabric was on sale at Spotlight. Down from $17 to $10 per meter and I picked up a meter and still had fabric left over!

This shows the detail of the gathered front, which is a bit difficult to see in this busy fabric.

And the back...

The only variations I made was to cut a size 10 at top and taper to a 12 at the hips and like a lot of other people I raised the neckline a bit. I think I may have raised it too much, but this fabric is a bear to unpick, so I think it will stay that way.

I love this fabric and I really like this top. The review is here and I will have to keep hoping the weather will warm up enough soon to wear this.

Saturday, August 14, 2010

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that bling...

Well however it goes, I haven't been sewing but I have been crafting...

I bought some hot fix studs at the Textile Arts festival and ages ago I bought an iron-on blingy arrangement at another Craft Fair. I went and bought a couple of singlet tees at an outlet shop and viola...

An afternoon of fun!

Now I have to wait for the weather to warm up enough to wear them!

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

There was movement at the station...

Boy, oh boy! Talk about procrastinate!

I finished the muslin for the jacket and the only alteration I am making is to shorten the sleeve length by 1". However moving from that stage to cutting the fabric has taken me forever. I think I am a little scared of making something so involved! Anyway after much scrubbing, cooking, reading other blogs, watching Midday movies I finally got my act together and started cutting the fabric!

I am also distracted, I think, as I have chosen the project to follow this and have ordered the fabric. More on that, after the jacket!