Monday, August 16, 2010

Butterick 5495 - the start of Spring!

Well, after the singlet tops, I am still making more Spring/Summer tops. Not sure why really as it is still too cold to wear them, but they seem to be helping me get back to the sewing machine, so it is not all bad.

This is Butterick 5495. I made the sleeveless version at the shorter length. The fabric was on sale at Spotlight. Down from $17 to $10 per meter and I picked up a meter and still had fabric left over!


This shows the detail of the gathered front, which is a bit difficult to see in this busy fabric.

And the back...

The only variations I made was to cut a size 10 at top and taper to a 12 at the hips and like a lot of other people I raised the neckline a bit. I think I may have raised it too much, but this fabric is a bear to unpick, so I think it will stay that way.

I love this fabric and I really like this top. The review is here and I will have to keep hoping the weather will warm up enough soon to wear this.

13 comments:

  1. Sue, it's lovely. Looks super on you. I don't think the neckline looks too high.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choice of fabric and style. Another great top Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's cold here too but I'm planning Spring. Great top for you. Funny I looked at this fabric on the weekend, but decided that my growing stash had grown enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That top has a lovely shape. Well done you for finding something wearable at Spotlight! I could not even find suitable lining there on the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out nice, Sue. I love how you jazzed up your singlet tops too. Bring on the warmer weather - soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That blouse looks gorgeous on you. The twist detail adds nice shaping and the print is totally awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That top is simply beautiful, love the fabric and the pattern, it looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty. I like how the gathered bodice gives it shape. The fabric is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice fabric and love the details! It really has such a nice silhouette and looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely top Sue,a and looks great on you. Love the colors and style. Yes, if you make another you could drop the front a bit.How is the 100 piece jacket going?

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a nice top, fits you like a glove.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful top, and you are looking super slim!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear what you think...