Monday, May 12, 2008

Muslin update

I have altered the muslin I made for Butterick 4188 to try and eliminate the pull at the back shoulders. I have made an adjustment for sloping shoulders by dropping the shoulder seam 1 cm at the shoulder end. I also dropped the underarm seam by 1 cm. I think it has improved it. Maybe I could take more out but I am only new to this alteration thing so I think I will err on the side of caution. Also the fabric I am making the top out of is softer cotton than the calico/homespun I have made the muslin with, so I don't think it should be so noticeable.


  1. Well, you've definitely reduced the "frown" wrinkles, well done! Also the front seems to be fitting really nicely in this pic. And yes, that luscious Japanese fabric is much softer and more forgiving. GO for it!

  2. Your muslin is looking good! I'm looking forward to seeing the completed garment. I have a similar pattern in my stash and a royal blue/silver brocade I'm going to make it from.


Love to hear what you think...