Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Another successful shopping day

I have been wanting to make Burda wof 05-2008-105 for a while now.

I have been looking for a fabric and also checking out the fabric shops for a suitable buckle. I decided it may be better to find the buckle becuase if I find fabric but could not find a suitable buckle then the dress would not happen. I hadn't been able to find a suitable buckle in the fabric stores, so I had thought I would need to go op-shopping to get a buckle I liked. However today I dropped by Quiltfest and one of the stallholders sold vintage buttons and buckles and I found this mother-of pearl buckle.


I love it and now need to find a fabric. I am swaying toward a plain fabric (ie not a print). My local Gardams sell a beautiful jersey which comes in brown, black or red. The brown or black would work - maybe the brown to offset the colour of the mother-of-pearl. I wouldn't mind a lovely deep green, so I may have to look further yet before I decide...hhhhhhmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear what you think...