Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Keeping up ...

I seem to be running around in ever decreasing circles lately. The thing which usually slides at these times are house cleaning and bill paying. I have started to catch-up (do you ever?) with the cleaning but wonder at living with men sometimes. I am not a perfectionist house keeper but eeewwwhhh. I found an apple sticker on the toilet floor. Now which of the men in the house was in the toot, eating an apple? Like I said eeewwwhhh! The bills were caught up yesterday. I missed gym so I could spend two hours sorting all the paper on the desk and paying bills. I was late with two - very annoying as one is a credit card so I know it will incur a fee!!!


I MUST KEEP UP WITH THE PAPERWORK!
I MUST KEEP UP WITH THE PAPERWORK!
I MUST KEEP UP WITH THE PAPERWORK!
I MUST KEEP UP WITH THE PAPERWORK!
I MUST KEEP UP WITH THE PAPERWORK!


Some of the ladies at TQ were discussing the care of quilts - or lack of care by people presented with quilts. Now I have a number of quilts in use in the house and also cushions I have stitched/ patchworked, but I am afraid when they are dirty I do just throw them in the washing machine, and they bleach in the winter sun on my bed as I don't draw the curtains during the day. Also ...gasp... the dog sleeps on all of them. Yesterday he was napping on this cushion. (that ball of hair on the cushion is the dog btw!) At least he was on the back side of the cushion, but maybe that is because the other side was too dirty for him!

I do feel strongly that quilts should be used. If they are 'precious' hang them on the wall or put them on the guest bed (if you are lucky enough to have one). Only give serviceable machine washable quilts to kids and if you see that the quilt you have given to a child has faded from washing - be happy - be really happy! - it means they love it and use it - a great compliment to any quilter!

3 comments:

  1. Arrgh! Tell me about it! I'm reminded of an old "cathy" cartoon where she says "But if I vacuum the floor, what will the cat eat?" (not saying YOUR house is like that but mine sure is!)

    What a pain to miss gym just to do bills! Bloody paperwork. I've got a lot of mine set up for automatic drawing from the bank - which works fine until something goes wrong with the system.

    I agree - quilts that are made to be loved should be used and washed. I had to reassure little Maryam that it was ok for her Mum to wash the quilt I'd made for her -
    "If it wears out, sweetie, I'll just make you another one!" Apparently she sat and watched the quilt in the washer the entire wash cycle, and insisted she help peg it on the line.

    I think that's a great compliment, that your quilt are so loved that they get worn out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you so much Sue. Quilts are made to be used. I think that is why I love scrap quilts so much - they are not so precious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's nothing like a beat up overloved quilt and my house is full of them:)

    I Liike your blog a lot, found you through Caity who i've known online for many years.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear what you think...