Happy Australia Day! - I am celebrating by spending a day on my Bernina... surprised? I have finished the cover for my machine. My MIL, June, made a cross-stitch which was given to me the year before. I have used it in the middle of the cover for my sewing machine. It has also allowed me to use some of the cat fabrics I had been collecting. I also used a scissors charm I had bought once on ebay.
It all went well when I assembled the front and back panels the other day, but when I started today the crap fairy had certainly visited my sewing room! When I went to round off the top corners, I rounded the bottom corner (on both the front and the back!) I nearly put it aside then, but straightened the cut and added another piece of fabric - in a quilt as you go style. Then when I cut the piece for the gusset, I cut it an inch too narow! So I added the black strips - I think of them like a design feature now! Anyway I am quite pleased with how it has come out.