I bought these gloves the other day and have been using them today. They are heaps better than my old gardening gloves! I haven't tried threading the needle with them on, but I have been able to take out pins and pull the thread through from the back when starting while the gloves are on. They are also quite light and much cooler than the gardening gloves. Now I suppose I might have to spend some time in the garden to get some use from my garden gloves!
First up I have quilted my 'Dancing Beijing' challenge quilt. I was quite happy with my quilting, but the quilt isn't exactly like I pictured. That, I suppose, is the fun of trying new techniques. It doesn't photograph well so I am not sure if I will be able to get a photo up when it is done. It has an embroidered section which doesn't 'pop' as much as I hoped it would. I think I am still happy with it though. Now I need to bind it - the next challenge - inside corners! When I first started, my machine started skipping stitches, but I kept my cool and changed the needle for a larger size, and that fixed the problem... maybe I am finally learning something!
This afternoon I started quilting one of the 'charity' quilts. It is all done with the walking foot but will still take a little while to do. I will add a photo when I get one - my camera battery was flat just now when I went to take one - I need to remember to check it!