Sunday, December 2, 2007

Silk paper



Linda & I got together today to make Silk paper and play with Shiva Paint sticks. It was fun and here are some pictures of the results.
I am definitely going to do some more of this myself. The silk paper was easy to do but a pleasant activity as the silk is beautiful in your hands. Shiva paintsticks are also fun and I will order some of my own now. With the paintsticks we did some rubbings, stencils and used torn paper to give an edge to paint against.
Since then, however my mood has swung around as when I came home I thought I would tidy up all my sewing stuff on the dining table but ...boo hoo... where do I put it? I so need a sewing studio but will not be getting one this year unless a bundle of money falls out of the heavens... boo hoo! Anyway that is enough of the "I want..." sulking. (Do you feel sorry for me yet? ...no I didn't think so).
My other frustration is that I want to use EQ6 to design a challenge quilt for Toowoomba Quilters club but I can't get it to do what I want. I have a photo I want to overlay (like an embroidery or a motif) but the only way I can get it in is as a photo and then when it is inserted it hides the blocks underneath.... frustration!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear what you think...