Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Bags of Love




I have made two quilts as my 'charity' quilts this year. One is from the method Di Showed us for a simple 1000 pyramid quilt. I have backed it in polar fleece to make it cuddly. There are some really ugly fabrics in the mix, but it doesn't seem to matter when they are put together.

The other quilt is made from panels featuring houses, geese, sheep, cats and I have added some 4 patch to make enough blocks for a quilt top. I backed it in a lovely red flannel so it too will be cuddly. The interesting thing about this quilt is that I designed it in EQ5 and found my first colour way didn't really work. It's great when you can 'trial' colorways before you cut the fabric. I am donating them to bags of love which give bags of necessary items to kids who have been removed from homes of parents with drug problems. They give a quilt in each bag as well so that the kids have something to 'own' as they often leave their homes without many of their possessions. Any way I will drop them off today - I hope they like them - it would be nice to think they may not need them, but I was told that they give out about 50 bags just over the Xmas period in Toowoomba.

Dropped the quilts off - they were really appreciative - made my day!


2 comments:

  1. Sue, what a lovely thing to do, making quilts for Bags of Love - so much of your precious time given to those kids who will never thank you in person but will remember you forever, bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chickey. I must admit that I really enjoyed making the quilts so it was a very pleasurable way to use my time.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear what you think...