I love my new sheer top but wanted a cream woven camisole to wear under it and luckily I have a lovely piece of sandwashed silk in the fabric collection. I couldn't find a pattern, so decided to knock-off the green RTW one I have that came with a sheer green top. I pressed the centre front and centre back seams into the front and back and laid the top on tissue paper. I then just marked around each of the front and back pieces. The only difficult part was how to add the dart. I don't know if I used the correct method, but I sort-of reverse-engineered it and it seemed to work.
In these pictures the green cami is the RTW one and the cream one is my knock-off.
The camisole is cut on the bias, so falls beautifully. My front top binding isn't as neat as I would like but I got better at it by the time I attached the binding to the back, which carries onto the straps.
I bought a new foot to sew the hem. A 4mm narrow hem foot (Bernina No. 64). I had trouble keeping the 'roll' going but eventually worked out to spray starch the hem to make the bias cut silk behave and it went through the foot like a dream. I also had some difficulty getting it to roll the side seams, so ended up opening the side seam at the hem, hemming to the edges and re-sewing the side seams. Maybe not the best solution but it worked.
Ciao kittens, I am starting on a mini-wardrobe of resort wear next... dreaming of a holiday!