Tuesday, January 19, 2010

McCall's 5931 - photo shoot

Finally got a photo of McCall's 5931, which I first showed you in this post. These photos were taken on holiday at the beach ('holiday' = long week-end full of family stuff...). Excuse the hair, it was after a swim. The big black piece of fuzz is not on the top but only on the photos....

The tie looks nothing like the one on the pattern cover. Apart from that I think the only change was to shorten it slightly.

Not too much of a pregnancy belly look????





I seriously enjoyed making this and was considering making a second one, but I made this in November and haven't worn it yet, so I am thinking maybe it is not my style. However for the short time I wore it for this photo I noticed it is very comfortable and cool to wear so I should wear it I think sometime, but I am not sure a second would be any value.

More photos of new outfits coming soon ... we had a big photo shoot week-end!

BTW, I have broken my review drought and have reviewed this top here - the review has more detail on the construction if you are considering making it.

9 comments:

  1. There's no way you could look "preggie-belly"! I love that top. It does look very cool and comfy for your warm climate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a Sweet P, from Project Runway, creation. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is cute. Give it a little longer before you make another. Now that you've worn it once and like it, see how much you reach for it in the next few weeks. If you don't give it a second thought, I'm with you, another one would not be any value.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the top, it looks so cool and breezy. I don't think it gives the look of a "pregnancy belly" at all, and the color is just great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have enjoyed viewing your last few projects. Love that skirt. Nice flare in the back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this top. Will have to go back to your earlier posts to check the pattern/construction details.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The blouse is beautiful and you is excellent!
    I think I'll cut them to sew.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sue, looking back thru your photos, this top is really different from all the other styles which you seem to favor. So yes, give it a while and see if you wear it much or not. Would be great longer for a dress on those really hot days.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Julia's comment. It really does have a Sweat P look and that's a really nice compliment.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear what you think...