Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Sewing Bee round 2 - pics

Finished and I am exhausted.  This round was a tough one and I have put a lot of hours into this dress.  So I am not going into details here, but will put up a few photos.  If you want more info on this dress, you can find them here in my entry review.

The theme... "A day at the races"

The fabric I started with  - green linen from a swap table at the Brisbane Spoolettes high tea 2014.

The embellishment process... lots of careful marking, pressing and lots of thread!

The pattern - Ottobre 02/2015-04 - modified to remove the waist seam.

The front panel being cut out - had to be cut full, not on the fold.

The dress lining - not part of the pattern... needed to do a  little research on that before starting...

the dress finished....
and the back...

and in amongst all that I made a muslin and plenty of embellishment samples.  Enough sewing for now... now to wait on tenterhooks to see if I get into round 3 ... and what it will be!!

Ciao kittens... 


  1. That's a super dress. I love the green colour and such a lot of work. It looks fabulous on you... good luck.

  2. Good luck Sue! Great job on the dress, good score from the swap table and perfect for the races ;o)

  3. Gorgeous dress Sue. Relax because I'm sure you'll be in round 3!!

  4. Your dress is well worth all of the effort - it is stunning! I was just up your way last weekend for the Flower Festival ... J

  5. Very effective embellishment and the colour is gorgeous. Good luck in the competition.

  6. Fabulous dress and that green looks great on you.

  7. Good luck, I thought this was a difficult challenge and you did a great job with it. All ready for the races!

  8. That embellishment looks amazing. Very effective and alters the look of the dress substantially. Now you have a beautiful race-worthy dress.


Love to hear what you think...