Thursday, April 12, 2012

Romantic Notes... Ottobre wrap top 5-2011-11

Otttobre 5-2011-11 Romantic Notes, another strangely named but lovely top from Ottobre.  This one has been reviewed a couple of times but probably deserves more attention that it has recieved. 


This is made up in a rayon purchased from Knitwit probably from about a year ago, but I cannot find it in their collections.  It was bought at a roadshow so may be from a previous collection.

It has lovely blues, greys and browns in the print.  The grey is not a great colour for me but I am hoping the blue and brown will win out and I will be able to coordinate this top with some browns I have planned for my winter wardrobe.

The obligatory back shot.  I have made no alterations to this pattern.
 

It does not show in the photos above,  but there is quite a bit of detail in this top.  The collar has pleats ...



which lead around to the pleats at the front...


The collar seems to sit better on Diana than it does on me.  I hadn't noticed that before these photos.  I will have to check this out more carefully next time I wear it.  However the collar sits on me, very similarly to the one pictured on the model in the magazine, so maybe I can just better adjust it on Diana (and she doesn't move about).


This is how I see me wearing it this winter, but with a brown cardi and perhaps a nice chunky necklace or colourful scarf...

 


Slowly catching up with my posting... better get back to sewing... Ciao kittens!

15 comments:

  1. Pretty top. The pleats on the back collar design is new to me. The print is nice and hopefully does not hide your pleats to much. Is that a Jalie cardi with pleats too? The cardi looks like a muslin I just finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the Jalie cardigan - a real favorite of mine!

      Delete
  2. Nice top Sue. I don't think I've ever noticed this Ottobre pattern before but it looks like a good cold weather top. I'll have to dig it out and have a closer inspection. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything about this top! It fits you beautifully and the pleating seems to give it a beautiful drape. I'm also impressed that NO pattern alterations were made. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, and it fits you so well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! It looks great - I have looked at this top in the magazine and now I'm totally sold!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely top - great job on the pleats. Love the fabric too. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely top with interesting details. I like the print on you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the details on this top. Please don't get me hooked on Ottobre - I don't need any more patterns! I think these colours are really nice on you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't remember this knitwit print either however you've done a lovely job with this top.
    This is a great print that will go with lots in your wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely top and great colours, I don't see the grey at all, so your blue and brown will be perfect. I know I haven't seen it at the road show or it would have come home with me LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice top. The pleating detail is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a really lovely top with some nice details.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a fabulous knit top. Love the extra details too.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear what you think...