Thursday, April 19, 2012

Colette patterns Biegnet skirt


Finally finished and worn and photographed!!

The Colette patterns Biegnet skirt.  This has had great reviews and looks great on everyone.  I love it as much as everyone else.  It is a lot of work for a skirt, but so worth it!  It has taken me such a long time to make this I cannot remember too many details for this post.  The main points would be:
  • pretty much made straight from the pattern.  I did muck up one of the front pieces by cutting it slightly too long and then wondered why the pieces did not fit together perfectly... however my fabric has a bit of stretch to it, so I just stretched it (as you do!).  When I went back to the pattern pieces to check the placement of the belt holders, I realised what I had done... it doesn't seem to have had huge ill effects on this skirt... but I have fixed the pattern piece for next time!
  • I used a rayon-poly-lycra woven with enough stretch to make this skirt super-comfortable.  The lining is a rayon.
  •  I did muck up one of the buttonholes (not sure what happened there) but with a lot of unpicking and a bit of interfacing and some stitching over, it seems to be ok now... phew!
 I decided to cover my own buttons...so this was the button factory...




I interfaced the fabric for the buttons with a light interfacing to try and minimise the shiny metal showing through.
The fabulous lining in this skirt, which is a bit of work, but makes it feel great to wear...


The only other interesting point (to me anyway) was that I finally decided to use my sewing machine feet and used my blind hem foot.  After looking on the Internet as to how to use it was easy-peasy... why haven't I used it before?

Love this skirt...


...and my new top!  This outfit felt so comfortable to wear all day.

Parting shot.. I had a great mail day today.


A beautifully made coin purse from a great sewing buddy and a pattern for an on-line sewing course .... and no bills! ..Ciao!

15 comments:

  1. Lovely outfit and looks fab on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why you love it, it's a very flattering skirt on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your version looks great. I really like the contrast lining. I love my blind hem foot too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very smart outfit. I love the skirt lining, such a great pop of secret colour

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great skirt and can see it working quite a lot in your wardrobe. Love the top as well.

    I really like post days like that, have you worked out what fabric you are going to use for the dress and that coin purse is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that pop of colour in the lining. The beignet has too many buttons for me to ever make so well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoy seeing how everyone uses fabulous lining. Your skirt is wonderful and it has a wonderful top too.
    I think I need to learn how to use the blind hemming foot too.
    Lovely coin purse:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - you've been sewing up a storm. Great skirt and top.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous skirt, Sue! Looks super Ka-Yoot with your new top, too.

    Also, enquiring minds want to know what you did to get your hands on one of those coin purses! *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful skirt! The great thing about putting so much work in a skirt like this is that since it is a timeless design you will always be able to wear it. I love the top too, very nice outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love my machine blind hem foot! Poof and it's done. I don't always take the time I should to find the right depth for the zigzag, though. Love that skirt lining!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great looking skirt and top. All your hard work, in all areas, certainly shows. Wish I had your discipline.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your outfit is so chic! You look fantastic in it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really admire your style - you always seem to pull together such a great silhouette - or is it you have a great silhouette to start with??? What a great outfit.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear what you think...