Monday, May 10, 2010

Month of tops

I didn't join in the Month of Tops but I did enjoy following it and think I must have been inspired by it! It is all in line with my simple sewing at the moment - I think the mojo to do something more involved will return soon, but I need some tops since the weather turned cool so I'm afraid my sewing may look simple for a little while longer!

I got a full day off work so planned to use it to sew and this is what I accomplished...


Another Jalie scarf top. This time with three quarter sleeves and the buckle. Last time it was the sleeveless version. The colour is in-between these two photos - a kind of apple green. I think Diana's redness puts the camera in a spin! The fabric is a lovely poly/rayon/spandex bought from Kerryn's Fabric World (the same fabric as in this dress). It is a gorgeous fabric and I have just bought another piece in red (for another top!) Last time I shortened the tie but I didn't this time as I thought the buckle might take some length up. I plan to wear it on Wednesday for a road trip to Brisbane with some sewing buddies. I hope to get a photo on the day so I will hopefully post again with a 'real' shot later this week.

Here is the buckle detail - I wasn't 100% sure how to use the buckle but I think there is probably no right or wrong so long as it stays put.


I also managed to sew Jalie 2921 - round necked t-shirt but with a longer sleeve that I have poached from another Jalie pattern.

This is a cheapie fabric (and don't it look it!). I have doubled the fabric in the front for modesty and plan to use it as a pyjama top to go with my blue flannel jamie pants I showed in my previous post. It would look better if I had pressed it. Well it is for jamies so...

10 comments:

  1. I really like your Jalie scarf top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shirts! I love that scarf top! And yet another pattern I now need to go get ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the scarf top and recently received my Jalie pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the buckle with this top! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty colour and the buckle looks good. I think I need one with a buckle too..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Jalie top and love the buckle.
    Perfect top for your jamies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've just ordered a fabric similar to this for a top. I think I'm going to have to buy this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your scarf top. I'll have to actually try and use my pattern sometime. Enjoy your road trip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the green top - smart use of the buckle!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful top!
    I also like the green one.
    It looks comfy to wear.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear what you think...