Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Jalie 3351 Swim shorts... or gym shorts...

As noted in my last post on my active wear collection I have used the swim short pattern Jalie 3351 to make another pair of gym shorts.  

These have been made specifically to wear to gym (I have taken up CrossFit) so must be comfortable for all sorts of activities.

Worn with Fehrtrade XYT top 
The main body of the shorts was made from a thick supplex bought from Strechtex.  I made the attached pants and used a stretch sports mesh bought off ebay.  For the liner I used a scrap of black bamboo interlock.



As I use the Jalie knickers pattern for a TNT undies pattern, I figured this pattern would be comfortable with the attached pants ...and I was right.  Nice and comfy, good coverage, ticks all the boxes.  They would make nice shorts without the attached pants too, but figured it would make for no adjustment knickers when they are attached. :)


These have been worn to CrossFit and in the session we did a billion squats (ok, 150 squats..), skipping, weights, and some gymnastics type moves involving going upside on the rings - called a candle.  Now I can't do a candle, but was coached onto how to get upside down on the rings with assistance from the coach.  Now I am sure you are not interested in the details but what was important is that I was very comfortable during the workout and felt like I had good coverage from the shorts.


The pants have pockets on the sides - great for a runner, even got used even in my crossfit session - nice touch.

....where did that green thread come from??


so you can see the pocket detail...

Anyway - the upshot is I love these shorts and would happily make more for gym and plan to make a pair to use at the beach and for water activities.

Shorts love... Ciao!

9 comments:

  1. I just made these shorts also - great for hot weather activities. This one is a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of the undies inside. Your exercise routine sounds like it really tests out your gym gear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great - flattering and practical. What more could you want?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shorts. And. 150 squats. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - you certainly gave them some workout. Great shorts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look great Sue, lovely fit and perfect for your active lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your version look great. I love mine and my niece loves her version too. They're an all round crowd pleaser.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good work on the shorts, Sue and glad they are comfy. Lookin; good. Thanks for your comment on 1770 blog. Your comment is 'no reply' so I couldn't email back. Yes, you and Brian must go if you want somewhere to completely chill out and relax. A bit of fishing too if he likes that. ciao Di

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to get this pattern! They look great! I have never thought about making my own exercise wear, but I need to. I'm tired of wearing my old yoga shorts. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear what you think...