Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Cruised out - Kielo wrap dress again

I am back from the cruise and really enjoyed it.  A great holiday away from it all... I expected to have more clothes shots from the cruise but it didn't really happen and I only have some iphone shots of the Kielo dress in action.  (Not sure why I look so serious here... it was a good night!)


Overall the dress was perfect for the cruise.  I wore it twice - once for a formal night with black high heeled pumps and my blue-green wrap and the other night was our wedding anniversary and I took my black wrap and wore flat gold sandals.  The stretch crepe makes it a perfect travel dress - it can be rolled in a ball and put on with no ironing.  I actually prefer not to put this dress on a hanger as I am concerned the weight of the dress may stretch it out. 

I was asked by AllisonC - I'd love to see how this looks on you and whether you think it would work on someone a lot more hippy than you or your dressform as I love the style. 
I think it would work for more curves than I have - the sizing is easy as there is plenty of room in the wrap over the hips and I think the fact the dress tapers in toward the feet combined with the width of the shoulder line, will balance the hips... my thoughts anyway. 

This shot is from the formal night with my husband and my parents.  I love the saucer champagne glasses. 


 I particularly love the shape of the dress and the neckline.


I apologise for the fuzzy iphone photos, but I wanted to show the dress in action on the cruise.  I am slowly getting back to real life... finishing a WIP quilt at the moment... Ciao!

8 comments:

  1. Sue it looks sensational on you. I was worried about the height factor as we saw it on Donna at the High Tea in Brisbane and she's so much taller than you and me. I really love the style so would have to consider getting this pattern. What a nice thing to do for your anniversary... congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue, this looks great and very elegant, perfect for a special celebration. The shape is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a wonderful time and the dress looks fabulous on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that dress on you. I think I may have to get the pattern before our cruise to Singapore in April. I usually just wear black pants and a fancy top for formal nights but a dress would make a nice change. Thanks for showing the dress in action.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great and sounds like you had a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful dress and it looks lovely on you. Sounds like you had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how the dress looks on you, casual elegance. Looks like you all had a terrific trip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for getting back to my comment, it really is a stylish dress, I am tempted! I always think I am going to get fabulous photos for my blog when I am on vacation and then forget all about it - a sign that you are having a good time I think!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear what you think...