Thursday, September 6, 2012

WIP... finished ... Burda 7579 Jacket

I haven't been blogging but I have been sewing.  A project that has taken me weeks to finish.  It is Burda 7579, the jacket.  I started this jacket in Winter 2010 and never finished it.  Since we had the renovation the next year, it didn't come out of the cupboard.  This winter I have been busy sewing, meaning to finish this jacket and I have ... finally... now the weather is warming up again!

I am not going to say a lot about this jacket and will put the details in the review.  The jacket is made from wool purchased at Bargain Box in Ipswich and lined with a silk charmeuse purchased from Gorgeousfabrics.com.  I think I had planned to make a blouse, but the print was too busy for me so I decided it would make a perfect lining.  The buttons were the hardest part to source and I eventually found the ones I wanted at Sckafs in Brisbane.  I really love the buttons!

Lots of piccies for you...

First on Diana...



Then on me...



With the vagaries of photographing black... my pants are black but have come up brown in these photos???




Some details...






and of course, my sewing helper assisting me...



Ciao kittens! 

21 comments:

  1. Oh I love this jacket. Funny thing about the lining: I bought the same fabric with the intention of using it to line a trench coat (that is still in my sewing queue) but when I had the fabric in my hand I decided it was too lovely to use as a lining and I plan to make a blouse! I particularly like the little belt at the back. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Lovely jacket! professional finishes, wear with pride!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful jacket, you have done a wonderful job, it looks to be a perfect fit. And you'll have something brand new to wear once the cold weather hits next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful jacket and such wonderful details. You will get a lot of wear from this jacket, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your jacket Sue - you look wonderful in it! Now I need to get busy with my jacket, since it's the start of our winter and possibly wear it this year!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. This jacket looks fantastic, glad you managed to finish it. It's a great classic item (& I love the printed lining) that will hopefully be in your closet longer than it was in your WIP pile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your jacket looks absolutely amazing! so smart and elegant. I love the belt at the back with its own buttons, and yes, the buttons are a beautiful contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great jacket Sue. The detailing is so good. I like your killer jacket choice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely stylie jacket - great feline assistant too :)

    Skye

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your jacket looks amazing. Fabulous workmanship.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous!!! I love loud prints for linings, and that is one beautiful jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  12. a very flattering cut and super cute lining - bet you'll get lots of use out of it but maybe not till next autumn (don't know what your climate is doing but that jacket looks toasty)...

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE your jacket - very professional looking - fantastic fit - love the lining too. Great tailoring.. (read green with envy of your sewing skills!!) Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The jacket was well worth the wait - it looks perfectly fitted , It must feel divine inside as well with the silk . Perhaps you could have a quick holiday down south just so you can wear this now?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning! The pockets are gorgeous! Now you'll have something new to wear when it gets cold again ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful jacket and love the details on the jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I bow down to your perserverence. It was totally worth it. Your jacket is lovely and has a perfect fit! I can see this one hanging around for a very long time. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I cannot wait to see your version of Burda 7401! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the jacket, the shape, the details, the lining... and the cat!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear what you think...