I have started sewing for the warmer weather and the next two cabs off the rank are the Hot Patterns Marrakesh pants and Stylearc Demi Drape top.
The pants I have made before - version 1 and version 2. This version is made from a polyester linen weave fabric called Harmony. The only real alterations I made to the pattern were to shorten the leg by 1" and to sew the back crotch deeper. I still get some wrinkles depending on how I stand, but overall I am pretty happy with the fit of these pants. I probably won't be able to wear them on the hottest days but they will be great for most of the Spring/Summer/Autumn here.
Detail of the waistband and pocket...
The top is my 'trial' version of this pattern. It is made from fabric left over from other projects. They coordinate well but are heavier and not as drapey as the suggested fabrics.
I made no alterations to this pattern and it is a straight size 8 (these patterns only come in one size). I am pretty happy with the fit. The sleeve is snug, so I may need to check the sleeve width if I made the longer sleeved version.
This is why you need to use to use a drapey fabric. I can see me catching all sorts of food in there :)
This won't stop me from using this top. I was trying to work out if I could use a weight but it would show so I just need to remember to smooth down the "pouffiness" every so often.
I have made another version of this top and hope to get it photographed next. I think it is a nice tee shirt shape and may make it without the cowl overlay some time.
Ciao for now!