I have made a new pair of pants. I bought this stretch cotton fabric from The Fabric Collection two years ago and I wish I had made them sooner. I love this fabric and the colour is the perfect new basic colour for my wardrobe!
The pattern is Burdastyle 02-2011-123. I did not make the front pockets but did make the back welt pocket with the addition of a button. I used the instructions from 'Pants for Real People' for the welt pocket, but otherwise used Burda's instructions.
I actually really like their fly instructions!
The pattern adjustments I made (when I was making it) were to add 1/2" to the front inner leg (1/2" at crotch tapering to 0 at hem). This alteration is Ala Sandra Betzina. I make this adjustment for my full front thigh, but I think it also helps with the pants sitting better over a belly.
After the pants were almost finished I realised I needed to take in the waistband about 1/2" each side and tapered to the hips. A bit of a pain but the construction order of these pants made it hard to check this sizing. I really should have made a muslin first!
After I made the pants and took these photos it became obvious that I had a jodphur-look going on at the sides.
The side seams however hang pretty straight.
So I decided it needed to be taken in at the sides at the 'jodphur' area from the back seam only. This did help.
This is to show the waistband detail...
I still have not perfected the fit but am happy that these pants are comfortable and very wearable still. In fact I am quite thrilled with them. Super happy with the fly and the welt pocket and the fit is getting closer to how I think pants should fit.
I love how this colour makes my wardrobe work really well and so in that interest I may have bought another similar colour from the Fabric Collection to make a skirt (most likely Burda 06/2013 121).
Along with some dark brown cotton/elastane blend for another V1247 skirt and an ivory silk/cotton blend for a floaty sleeveless shirt.