Saturday, August 10, 2013

MIA

I have been MIA from my blog for awhile as sadly my DMIL passed away recently after her last battle with the strange illness that has been dominating her life for the last four years.  It has been a hard time for the family but the funeral was lovely with over 100 people attending.  So in this time not much sewing has been happening.  

While I waited at hospitals and traveled to the funeral I did manage to finish a crocheted market bag.  My husband affectionately calls this a dilly bag and if you want more detail on the pattern you can find it on my ravelry page here.



I did start a pair of trousers in this time, but they have languished in the sewing studio for most of the month, but now that things are returning to normal I have spent today finishing the alterations they needed and hemming them.

I do need to wash them before I can photograph them properly as I think Lulu may have been using them for a bed while I wasn't looking.  So a little teaser until I can get photographs of the finished trousers... 


Ciao kittens!

6 comments:

  1. Great bag. Look forward to seeing the pants sans cat fur (they will get everywhere won't they).

    Sorry to hear about your mother in law. My thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sympathies to your family regarding your MIL.
    I really like your bag and it looks quite big and will fit lots of goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to read about the passing of your DML. Happy to see you back online :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sincere condolence to you and your family.
    Your "dilly" bags looks like ones Mum used to have they are great and very impressed that you crocheted one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your dilly bag! Also, your pants teaser looks great- looking forward to the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about your loss. When my dad was ill my mom rediscovered her love of crochet. Our projects bring comfort in hours of need.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear what you think...