I had a lovely piece of soft pink merino leftover from my top in the last post and I really wanted to sew it up while I had the machines threaded in pink. (I know I am not the only one who hates changing thread colours if it can be avoided!)
So I settled on making a camisole which I paired with pj pants made from a pretty piece of quilting cotton that has been sitting in my stash for far too long. I did not have quite enough of the cotton to make a full pair of pj pants, so I took some of the height off the waistband and added a yoga style waistband in the last skerrick of pink merino.
The legs are of course both the same length but trying to dress Diana in pants is a challenge!
The camisole pattern I used is Jalie 2564 (which I think is discontinued now). As a change though I made the shelf bra and added the adjustable sliders to the straps.
For some reason I had a set of white sliders and purple rings in the stash, so I thought that would do for this project.
The pants pattern is a TNT - Burdastyle 11-2009-131. I loved the waistband I added. I took the depth of the waistband off the top of the pants. I got the details for the size to use from a tutorial - here.
It did work well and is very comfy but the merino jersey is too soft for this really and stretches out a bit on wearing. To overcome this I sewed a bit of elastic to the waistband so that it sits inside the fold at the top. I didn't cut this elastic very tight, I just need it to help hold up the pants for me after wearing them for awhile, while still being comfy to sleep in.
For the hem I played with my decorative stitches as usual and it was a good chance to use up the pink thread (not a colour I use a lot in my sewing).
Sleep tight folks... I know I will in my new pink, pretty pj's!... Ciao!