Burdastyle 02-2010-112. I can't seem to link to a Burda site to get a picture of the pattern, but is is basically a wide necked (boat neck?) style with raglan sleeves. Burda has a striped version so the stripe matching lines are marked on the pattern. An interesting point, considering the one pictured in the magazine has no stripe matching going on!
I hope to get some 'proper' modeled photos but in the interest of keeping my blog posting going, I have taken some photos of my finished top on Diana.
This fabric was not easy to work with, but I still managed some stripe matching. I was wondering if I perhaps shouldn't have pre-washed this fabric before cutting as the stripes seemed to go very skew-wiff. I did not look at it closely before washing but it seemed a reasonable quality fabric so I was surprised at how wonky the stripes lay and how difficult this fabric was to cut.
I made this top to the pattern, except I cut the sleeves slightly shorter, as they are 4cm longer than normal and much as I like this look, I have other tops with this feature and just wanted this one a bit more regular length.
The facing on the neckline is a bit bulky and if I was to make it again, I would finish the neckline differently.
I am hoping this will be a nice layering piece. I plan to make a black jacket and can see it under that with my dotted scarf or perhaps with jeans for the week-end.
I still have one skirt not photographed yet so more posts soon... Ciao!