Sewing for others - but this one was fun! Tailoring but without set-in sleeves!
I have just made the Jason vest for my eldest son as a wool vest will be a great addition to his wardrobe as he is attending University in Brisbane (mild winters). This is a down-loadable pattern from Burdastyle - $3.50 a bargain!
I printed it at work on our large plotter (I knew there was a reason I work in an Engineering Consultancy!) and used a wool that was gifted to me. The vest is lined in a lovely grey stretch satin from Lincraft.
I only sewed 2 of the 4 welt pockets. The instructions were difficult to follow in the Burdastyle instructions but I used another method to make a trial one and then went back to the Burdastyle instructions and they made more sense to me then. I preferred how the Burdastyle welt pocket was finished. Not perfect but not too bad...
The back has tabs that can be tightened to pull the vest in.
Overall I really enjoyed the process of making this vest and even though it is not perfect I am pretty happy with it.