Sunday, June 17, 2012

Burdastyle Jason Vest

Sewing for others - but this one was fun!  Tailoring but without set-in sleeves!

I have just made the Jason vest for my eldest son as a wool vest will be a great addition to his wardrobe as he is attending University in Brisbane (mild winters).  This is a down-loadable pattern from Burdastyle - $3.50 a bargain!

I printed it at work on our large plotter (I knew there was a reason I work in an Engineering Consultancy!) and used a wool that was gifted to me.  The vest is lined in a lovely grey stretch satin from Lincraft.

I only sewed 2 of the 4 welt pockets.  The instructions were difficult to follow in the Burdastyle instructions but I used another method to make a trial one and then went back to the Burdastyle instructions and they made more sense to me then.  I preferred how the Burdastyle welt pocket was finished.  Not perfect but not too bad...

The back has tabs that can be tightened to pull the vest in. 

 I actually found a buckle called a vest buckle in the Notions section at Spotlight.

Overall I really enjoyed the process of making this vest and even though it is not perfect I am pretty happy with it.

The best news is that my son likes it and he tells me he will wear it..


  1. What better praise is there then being worn? Looks like a great pattern.

  2. Lovely vest for your son and a great compliment that he will wear it.

  3. Looks great Sue - love it over the casual t-shirt.

  4. I'm glad he'll wear it. It's a great vest.

  5. Very sharp! So great to hear your son will wear it!


Love to hear what you think...