Tuesday, June 28, 2011

McCalls 5974 - Best Pattern 2010

McCalls 5974 was voted Best Pattern for 2010 on Patternreview.com. For very good reason... it is a fabulous pattern, easy to make and very flattering to wear. I am not sure if I will review this - see these reviews if you want to read more on the sewing of this pattern. Not that there is too much you need to know... pretty much make it (wait for the weather to warm up enough) and then wear it! ... and feel great in it!






I made this as part of my quest to make all top 10 patterns... I think I may only have 4 left to get to that goal!

12 comments:

  1. Your dress looks fantastic. I bought this pattern recently but dont have fabric to sew it - It is a little fabric hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fantastic! I have made this dress 3 times so far because it is so easy and so flattering! McCall's 6120 is basically the same thing only a top and it is also just as flattering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look gorgeous, beautiful dress

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely dress, so flattering! I like the idea of sewing through all the Top 10, that's fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great Sue! I also have this pattern but since I never wear dresses, I'm not sure what I was thinking when I bought it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice dress and really flattering on you. You're almost through your list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome - hmmm this pattern is staring at me - very tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really nice dress. And looks fabulous on you! I am now going to hunt down that pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous dress, very flattering and perfect fit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look fantastic in this dress. Beautiful sewing. This certainly does look like a winning pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks fantastic on you! Oh dear, I can see another pattern being added soon to my stash, lol! It looks like a very versatile dress, you could make several different ones in different colours and prints or plains and not tire of it's classic styling.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh. How stylish. I love this dress on you.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear what you think...