Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Burdastyle 09-2010-121... the turtleneck top.

OK - two posts in two days after a month with none, but I take my opportunities to get photos when I can.

I wore my Burdastyle 09-2010-121 Turtleneck top today to work and when I got home DS the elder took these shots for me.



The fabric is from Gorgeous Fabrics and is lovely to wear. The print is a little strong for me but I was determined to get use out of this top as the colours are great I think.

The sleeves are long, but if you don't like that style, it is easily changed. However I think it helps with the keeping warm thing as well as being cute.

The collar is a comfortable height (even on my short neck) and the one thing you must know about this top if you make it, is to use Summerset's tip on sewing the collar - posted here.


This is how I wore it today - lots of brown and a little red. Does it work??

If you follow Summerset's tip (above) and perhaps lower the sleeve cap by 1 cm and sew the sleeves in flat, you have the easiest-ever top to make and a great wardrobe filler.

Here is version number 2 in a bamboo/hemp blend...

Ciao for now....

17 comments:

  1. Looks great, and definitely not too much brown in the outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really, this fabric is really very good and is lovely to wear and I also like to wear long sleeves.
    hostess a milano

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your top looks great and the combination of the brown and red are perfect. Now I'm off to the sewing room to trace this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it Sue. Good shot of the Burmeser too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It totally works! Love the shrug over the top. It tones it down without making it disappear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely it works! I love that print on you; the colors suit you very well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super tops! Enjoy your new "sanity room". It's the best place to be.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This outfit does work. You look good. Eager to see how you wear the bamboo/hemp top.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the outfit a lot, with or without the shrug! Thanks for mentioning me, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the whole outfit. I'm a fan of sleeves worn like that so it's perfect for my taste.

    The bamboo version is lovely, also.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just what is needed in this cold cold winter. Love the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for this post. I am making this turtleneck right now and was scratching my head over the Burda instructions, so you and Summerset have saved me heaps of aggravation! I think those colours look fab on you too...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your outfit, brown and red are one of my favorite color combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely choice on the print for the first one. I'm going to have to make another of these next season...but we still have a long hot summer to get through before that!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are both fantastic versions of this pattern! And yes, the outfit works beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great looking ensemble! love the knit top neckline, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear what you think...