Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Jumpers and Jazz

I went with a couple of quilting buddies to the Warwick Jumpers & Jazz festival on the week-end. We had a lovely day attending a quilt airing and then wondering the main street of Warwick to look at the trees decorated for the cold weather.

Pictures of some of my favorites ....


This one was done by the Spinners & Weavers Association - a fabulous rain-forest tree transposed to a cold climate...
The Spinners & Weavers had a store and Vicki tried on this great felted vest made by Helen Stumkat.

I couldn't resist buying this hand spun and dyed yarn to make another scarf!


The jelly fish tree...

Even the statues were rugged up against the cold...


More trees in jumpers...

This cactus was a particular favorite...


Interesting buttons on the back of the cactus jumper...


Hopefully more sewing soon...

4 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I love Helen Stumkats work. The vest looks really nice on Vicki. It is a great day out in Warwick and at the Airing of the Quilts. Your photos of the trees etc are great. Maybe I will get there next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how wonderful! I love the cactus too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are amazing! I love the cactus. Looks like you had a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!!! So creative and fun!!!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear what you think...