I have been working on this dress for about three weeks now. I complicated it by deciding to line the dress. The reason I decided to do this, is that I am trying to get away from using facings and the fabric for the dress is a rayon broadcloth so I thought it would drape nicely but it tends to not want to behave itself. I bought this fabric from Gorgeous Fabrics and I have lined it with a cotton batiste.
Every step has taken me ages as the instructions do not tell you how to line it and I am not very experienced with lining so I am working it out as I go along. I will show you a photo from the inside when I finish it.
All I have left to do is to hem and finish the vent and to sew a clip at the top of the zip. As this is taking so long I couldn't wait any more to show you, so I have snapped a photo on Diana of the dress so far.