Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Chanel Post #4 ...finished...sort of!

I have been madly trying to finish my Chanel jacket for its very special first outing! The girls from my Chanel jacket class went to the movie 'Coco Avant Chanel' and we wore our jackets for the very first time! Piccie of the group of us to come,when it is edited and approved...

Here at the end of the day are photos of my jacket, the front...

the back - excuse the creases...


To show the detail, it is modelled here on Diana - first up the inside of the jacket - I think I should wear it this way all the time considering the amount of work in it!


A close-up of the trim at the neckline and front edges...

A close-up of the inside chain hemline detail...


I am reasonably happy with this jacket... but (isn't there always..) the sleeve heads aren't quite right. I have a few clues on how to remedy this so will give them a try and report back. Also I think it needs a closure as it swings open too far, so I plan to add some hook and eyes. So not quite finished but proven wearable - especially to a lovely ladies lunch day!

14 comments:

  1. Lovely Sue! Such a lot of work too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that looks fantastic!!!! I love the colors and the trim, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue,
    I think you did a great job on your jacket. I'm planning to make a Coco inspired jacket after I finish the 4 in a Week Challenge on Stitcher's Guild.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely jacket and I can't help but smile at where it went for its introduction to the world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is wonderful! The trim is great and it looks wonderful! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. congratulations - it looks fabulous ! I can totally understand why you'd want everyone to admire your lovely work on the inside - it's the details that make it a quality garment and when you work that hard on them, you want everyone to know!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great jacket and the work you have put into it is inspirational. Thank you for the photos of the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks wonderful! Love the light green color and trim. Did you sew the fringe between the shell and lining or is it sewn on top of the shell? I want to use fringe on my Chanel and it baffles me a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice jacket. That's quite an accomplishment. Wear it well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sue, that jacket is truly gorgeous. The colour is beautiful and you have done an impressive job of the trims. How was the movie?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your jacket looks wonderful. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is lovely. The colour's gorgeous. The woman I adopted my dog from was not impressed when I told her that I was spelling her name "Coco -- like Chanel."

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear what you think...