Friday, September 11, 2020

#SewVintageSeptember - Simplicity 6804 - 1985 blouse sewing pattern PART 2

 I have finished the 1985 vintage blouse started last post - Simplicity 6804 from 1985.

Notes on the make - 

  • I made it two sizes smaller than the pattern sizing indicated on the pattern.  No finished measurements were given on the pattern so I flat measured at bust height and determined my preferred size from that.
  • I shortened the pattern by 3 inches.
  • I didn't love the way the shirt tail hem was finished.  Front and back finished separately then side seams sewn.  To get it all to match you need to mark the start of the side seam / start of the hem curve better than I did.  I had to fudge it a bit.
Other than that I am pretty happy with it and of course the weather has got too cool to want to wear a short sleeve blouse so modelled photos will come later.

So not much more to say, here are the photos...


Front shoulder yoke gathers...


Back shoulder yoke gathers... gathers for miles...

I did not have green buttons but had fun with the thread instead...

So I live in hope I will get modelled shots some time.  If you are on the hunt for your own vintage pattern or just love looking at them then please check out my Etsy shop for vintage and OOP patterns - SusysSewingEphemera.

I think the Wardrobe Contest on PatternReview.com will be my next sewing challenge...
Ciao for now kittens...

4 comments:

  1. The pattern and your make bring back memories. I had a Marlo Thomas pattern very much like this. Great for plaids and checks. The blouse got worn to shreds. I will need to look for a similar pattern as this is just right for me; short sleeve, button up with a collar and of course a pocket! Nice job.
    Theresa in Tucson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Theresa. You sent me down a worm hole then as I have never heard of Marlo Thomas patterns. I find vintage patterns so interesting!

      Delete
  2. This is perfectly charming, vintage without being costume-y. I especially love the yoke on the bias.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I loved making all the bias bits in this blouse.

      Delete

Love to hear what you think...