Monday, September 14, 2020

PR 2020 Wardrobe Contest - Part 1 - The plan!

I had started planning a new wardrobe to sew for Spring / Summer when I saw that Pattern Review are hosting a 10 piece wardrobe contest.  I took the plan I was putting together and used it as a basis to fit in with the Contest rules.

The official rules are:

1 -Sew 10 unique garments during the contest period. The garments must be as follows:
Make 1 Topper
Make 2 Bottoms
Make 2 Tops
Make 1 sewn accessory 
Make 4 Free choice (top, bottoms, topper, maximum of 2 dresses or 2 jumpsuits or 1 of each, maximum of one additional accessory)

2 – All of the items must form a cohesive wardrobe.

It took a bit of thought and planning but over a few days this is the plan that came out.


Some of these patterns I have sewn before and others are new to me.

The fabrics are mostly from stash.  I did buy some fabric to make the bag (that's the blob in the top row!)  Some are remnant pieces so I may have to sub other fabrics in if there is not enough.

The photo below shows on the top the knit fabric for the cardigan. The next row are the fabrics for my three tops  (Liberty print, blue rayon crepe and a floral print rayon) 
and the last row are the bottoms (denim-look bengaline, light beige ponte and dark brown bengaline).


In this photo is the topper fabric again with the two dress fabrics.


I know things are going to change as I go along.  I have just noticed the aqua fabric for the Style Arc Richie tunic is quite a narrow cut so it may be the first one subbed out.  At the moment I am preparing the pdf patterns (cutting and sticking).  The contest starts on the 17th so more mad sewing to happen soon...

Anyone else considering joining in or sewing along?

3 comments:

  1. No I hadn't considered joining in but maybe I could. I want to sew up a new wardrobe to match my now grey hair. Good luck with yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes play along! It has given me great motivation to ensure everything worked together.

      Delete
  2. You plan drawings look so pretty!

    I haven't been hanging out on PR as much lately, so didn't know about this competition, but am off now to check out the dates nd see if I can make it work.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear what you think...