My latest make is a sweater from Burdastyle magazine 11/2012-128.
I used a beautiful textured silk cotton knit from Italy, which I bought from Knitwit.
My full review is here. I made my "regular" size but found it ran a little big, even for a slouchy loose top. I am a bit disappointed at how wide and low the neckline turned out. I probably should have spent a bit more time perfecting the fit before I made it.
Saying that, I like the style of the neckline and the hem bands. A casual pullover with a bit more style.
I sewed the bias in the neckline a little differently to the instructions. I used a purchased satin bias binding. My order of construction was:
- sew both shoulder seams
- sew binding to RS of neckline leaving a little free at the start and end
- match the free ends to the length required for the rest of the neckband and sew them together using a bias seam
- press that seam open, then finish sewing the bias to the neckline.
- turn binding to the inside and hand stitch the other edge of the binding.
Well saying all that, I still like wearing it and it has been in high rotation since it was made. I like it for work with a knit pencil skirt and I look forward to wearing it with jeans on the week-end.
And I do have a cowl that fills that open neckline when I have to brave the cold.
I did make a second one. This one is from a sweaty knit (tracksuit fabric) and I made it a size smaller and totally rejigged the neckline to be narrower and higher.
I made my own binding for this one from some quilting cotton. I love the little touches.
This is the photo on me when we went away for a very cold week-end at Stanthorpe hoping to see a great frost or perhaps snow...
No snow but I was warm in my new trackys. The pants are another pair of Papercut Anima pants in sweatshirt fabric that I made for the week-end too. I really need to get some cuter sneakers to go with this type of outfit though!