I have finished my "proper" version of this dress. I made my trial version and details are in my previous post here.
There was some changes I decided I needed and they were to:
|No fabric pooling in the back|
Once again I used a facing and not a lining. The facing is a combined neckline/armhole one and looks like this cut out.
|Click to see larger|
I wanted to show you my finished invisible zipper. I was very proud of how the waistline seam matches up after inserting the zip.
I was thinking of making this version an inch or so above my knee but after consultation with my DH, I left the hem at knee height.
Here is a shot of the neckline without a necklace so you can see the shape of it. A bit different to what you see about. I quite like it but do cover it with a necklace as I don't believe the black/white is my most flattering colour.
The fabric is a rayon twill I bought from Tessuti fabrics ages ago. I think I had planned to make the suzy pants originally. I obviously changed my mind and now I have a lovely cool summer frock (and a remnant to make another small item).
Ciao kittens - next gift making season is in full swing!