I apologise for the break in transmission, I seemed to have dropped out of the blogosphere once again... anyway a very quick catch-up post.
I was on a roll with my wardrobe contest entry and my fourth piece was another Burdastyle blouse 06/2013-119 However I decided to play with this one. I added some pin-tucking to the front and that took a little playing with the fabric. I also choose to use more feet in my collection and made flat-fell seams. This also added time to the make. Anyway this is as far as I got before stalling.
As you can see no buttons or buttonholes. Also the sleeves have been basted in but I am not happy with them so will be re-doing them.
So why the wardrobe contest entry fail? Well I had sewing that became a bit more important. I am going to a ball this week-end and needed a new frock. So I have been making muslins madly and after quite a few changes I was able to cut my fabric... gulp!
The dress has progressed since cutting stage and is almost finished. I did get way-laid by having a sewing week-end in Tamworth with some of the girls from Pattern Review. We had a great week-end and did get help to pin my hem (Thanks Sharon!)
So that is where I am currently up to - hand stitching - hemming and stitching on the decorative bow at the shoulder. I hope to blog more about my sewing week-end but will leave you with a picture of a sign outside a lovely little cafe in Geln Innes where we stopped for lunch on the drive down to Tamworth.
Ciao kittens... pretty gown pics soon...