Saturday, April 11, 2015

Wardrobe Contest 2015 - piece 3 - Burdastyle 09/2011-128

My third piece, another top but this time a button-up blouse.  This is a pattern I have wanted to make for ages and I wish I had made it sooner as I really like it.   It is Burdastyle 09/2011 -128 called "Straight Ahead".


I love the simple lines but interesting details that makes this an interesting sew as well as lifts the top out of being too simple.  I think I will have to make another one soon in a plain fabric.


The only real alteration was to shorten the pattern.  That sucker is seriously long!  I did shorten a little more than I might normally but I was constrained by the amount of fabric I had.
Add caption
Every top in this contest is either fabric from a remnant bin or a left-over from something else I have sewn!  A real left-over wardrobe!


I love the set-in collar at the back that lines up with the level of the pleats at the front.  Hard to photograph in this fabric though.



The fabric is a Japanese cotton (lawn?) from Spotties.  Fairly stiff so not the best choice for the pleats in this top.  I am hoping it may soften with a few washes.  When I make it again I will try for a softer fabric.  I like how this one coordinates with my central piece, the cardigan.


So the full review is linked here

See you soon kittens, one more top to go...

6 comments:

  1. Another lovely top. Love that pop of blue that the buttons give it. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this pattern. You could stitch down the pleats if they don't soften.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks lovely, but if you are in doubt, try stitching like Vicki suggested.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did I miss this pattern? I'm sure its just what I've been looking for as a t shirt alternative, much smarter, and so pretty in this fabric. I've found the spotties Japanese lawn does soften nicely, so hopefully this print will for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a sweet little blouse and the pretty print is lovely. I like the forward shoulder seam and the pleats. Your wardrobe is shaping up nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute blouse. I really like the pleats. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your Wardrobe Contest pieces.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear what you think...