Monday, April 7, 2014

Active wear - vest KS 3453

As part of updating my active wear wardrobe I made a vest.  It can get cool and the car park at the gym is particularly cold and breezy.  So a vest to keep the cool breeze off my shoulders and keep me warm once sweaty workouts were done is what I needed in my wardrobe.  

I ordered Kwik Sew 3453 and bought some fleece from Lincraft during a sale they had and viola...

It looked tricky with odd pieces but came together quite easily.



The only change I might make if I made it again is too lengthen so it sits over my hips more.


I have worn it on a few cool mornings to gym and find it very comfortable and snuggly warm.  I would love to make one out of a more technical fabric like Polartec but I am not sure I can justify it for my lifestyle... wish list...


Review is here... Ciao!  

7 comments:

  1. Very nice indeed. Love the plush and the colour. Just been looking over your review of the StyleArc Maggie Jacket. Very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colour also...you should sew more purple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Katherine - purple looks good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks very stylish and fit for purpose :) plus has a rtw Kathmandu vibe to it as well. You could enquire at Charles Parsons for polartec style fleece. I found their Classic Frostbite Fleece lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful vest and love the style and colour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an excellent colour on you Sue. This is better than RTW. I'd be happy with this jacket too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great vest Sue which looks really good on you. I am sure you will get heaps of wear out of over the next 6 months. Keep up the good work of going to the gym.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear what you think...