Sunday, May 19, 2013

Knitting for others

I have been MIA for awhile now, but I have been busy.... knitting.  

My DSIL invited me to her 50th Birthday week-end and I needed to make the perfect gift for her, so I decided to knit a shawl.  I have honestly spent the last few weeks sitting and knitting after imposing this tight deadline on myself.  It is from a pattern called Painted Fern Shawl and this is the link to my Ravelry page if anyone is interested in finding out more about the pattern.  

However I will still show the finished photos here.  I used a silk / baby alpaca mix and it was lovely to work with.  I chose not to bead the scarf.





SIL told me it was the best made gift she had ever received  so I was very happy that I had made the effort.  I have quite fallen for knitting so blogging may be a bit slower at the moment as it takes a lot longer to knit something than to sew it!  Ciao! 

8 comments:

  1. That is very beautiful. I can see why she was impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful! What an incredible gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous scraf, so fine and can understand why your DSIL loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning, she is so lucky. I love the pattern and the delicate blue color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good weather for knitting, Sue, quite therapeutic too. Your sister in law was very lucky indeed, lovely pattern and colour. Di.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so pretty. I love the lace edging, just beautiful. What a lovely gift.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear what you think...