A short post to let you know I am still sewing, albeit slowly :)
If you remember I made a brown silk sorbetto top. I decided it would make a nice layering piece and remembered a piece of silk Georgette? I purchased from Tessuti's years ago. I think I had been holding up making the top I had planned from this fabric as it needed a cami or some type of undershirt. Viola! the sewing stash is starting to make sense. So the ancient piece of Tessuti silk was pulled out and the planned top made - Burda 02-2009-123. This took a little time and I was a little deterred by the instructions in Burda but with perseverance they made sense and the top evolved. I think I made up some seam finishes as french seams weren't always working but will detail them in a later post about this top.
After that I wondered, what I would pair these tops with. I have a brown skirt and a pair of black pants which may work but decided it was a good time to add a pop of colour with an orange skirt, as some of the little diamonds in the pattern in the silk top are orange. So a piece of fabric was purchased and the TNT Burda 09-2008-120 was pulled out again (iteration # 3).
I will detail the sewing of these items in later posts (hopefully) when I get some better photos... Ciao!