Friday, October 10, 2008

Shopping is an art... I am an artist.

Caity & I went out and had a great day out - We had our make-up done and Caity was clever enough to organise a photo when she got home, but I didn't. However here is one that Caity took while we at the make-up counter, Cheesy grin & all...

After a great day out - which was also a very busy day as I also went to Gym in the morning, then drove around all the quilting/fabric shops and dropped off flyers for the Toowoomba Quilters Open Day before starting the girly fun day.

I was exhausted by the time I got home but was delighted to find that the postie had left me a parcel wtih the Patrones magazine I won on
Christina's blog . Thanks Christina - it is a great issue!

I love the coat on the cover....
As well as the coats there are great dresses...
and pants - not sure if this straight leg style would suit me but I might have to try them...

I am not sure my sewing is up to this yet but I hope to try at least one item from this magazine by the time we are heading toward Autumn. Hopefully my sewing skills will keep improving!

Keep watching the blog as I plan to have a give-away also to keep this lovely act of kindness moving...


  1. I'm glad that magazine made it to you safely. Enjoy!

  2. oooh, great pattterns! Love those dresses

  3. What fun! I have that issue too, and was thinking of making that second dress you showed.

  4. That gray dress is my favorite out of that issue. I had my fingers crossed for Christina's contest. I'll be waiting to see what you make from it. So many cute things!

  5. Great photo - Caity did a good job.


Love to hear what you think...