Sunday, November 4, 2007

My first time...


First time blogger ... how exciting. Where does one start? I decided to start this blog so I can journal the quilts and thoughts about quilts I am having.
At the moment I am working on a quilt from Down Under Quilts Issue 112 "Stash Buster" by Kathy Doughty. However I am not making it all out of strips as per the pattern. I have used my collection of 1930's prints instead. I have made the yo-yo's in yellow and the diamonds are in blue. I will add a picture when I work out how.... I have also decided to add some ric-rac to the binding which I have bought in blue.
This quilt is a just in case someone has a baby quilt which I plan to keep on hand. I plan to have the border on by Tuesday and the backing prepared so that I can pin it at Toowoomba Quilters next Tuesday.
Also today I spent the afternoon at my friend Linda's place and we are planning to get together on a regular basis to play with textiles and hopefully make some journal quilts. Next month we plan to make silk paper. Linda is more the teacher in this as she has done more of this stuff in the past, but she loves to play...
I have worked out how to add the photo of the quilt...

1 comment:

  1. Love those 30's prints -and what a perfect pattern to showcase them!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear what you think...