Sunday, November 18, 2007

He's growing up...


I'm not sure if I'm sad exactly but I do think change is hard to handle. My eldest has finished school and I am really happy for him but how it changes the dynamics between us is a little sad. I have to start accepting he is an adult and let him free..... Here is a picture of him and his date on the formal night. I think he looks gorgeous... I was very impressed at what a lovely girl his date was also, but she is "only a friend" but that is cool ... its great that he seems to have good friends of both sexes. He has now gone off for "schoolies", but not at the Gold Coast which is a bit of a relief when you see the activities on the news each night! Mind you, he can still be up to mischief but I do trust him... however I am not sure I trust others he may come across....

On the rest of the family front, my hubby's Dad was awarded the "SES member of the year" for Queensland today. It was moving to see Alison accept the award on his behalf (he passed away a few months ago - very suddenly ...very sad...he had only visited with us the week-end before and I remember a warm glow that I had when they left as I thought how lucky I was to have a great father-in-law that I could talk to so easily and who seemed so very accepting of me...) . It was a great ceremony but Alison was kept very busy during the day. Alison was to lay a wreath at a their Church Service later but we were unable to stay as we had other commitments. I am sure a few tears fell during that service.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear what you think...