Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Rhapsody Dress Love

I am going to make a concerted effort to get into blogging again as I have been getting into clothes sewing again.  My clothes sewing was in the doldrums a bit as I put on a bunch of weight and was having trouble working out what worked for me now.  I have been dabbling with mixed results but think I am getting into the swing of it again.  So for now I am catching up and will apologise in advance as the photos mostly will be on my dressmaking dummy.  I plan to try and get more modelled shots later but did not want to have that delay me up from blogging about my makes.

In my last post I made the revised Rhapsody blouse which I still love (but haven't worn much as it has been too cold for it).  I wanted to put an entry into my QCWA Division's dressmaking contest (been a member for a bit over a year), so I thought the Rhapsody dress would be perfect because of all the great details - concealed yoke,  french seams, narrow binding, cuffs, etc.... It needed to be a complete outfit and I did not have a lot of time so decided a dress would be more time efficient than two seperate pieces.  I used a rayon I had bought from Spotlight recently when it was on sale.  The fabric is lovely with a sweet floral print but has a dark background so it is a bit hard to see all the details easily.  This is the finished product.

3/4 cuffed sleeves, No ties option


Front neckline binding


Back yoke with pleat

Oh, and I am super proud to say that I did win at Division level in the Smart Casual Garment section.

Sadly though because of Covid, the State level of competition will not be proceeding but it may get displayed at an upcoming showcase of the competitions we hold.  This dress has not been worn yet but I look forward to wearing it when the weather warms up.  

Ciao kittens, more makes real soon....

8 comments:

  1. Welcome back. Well done with the dress. I bought the pattern recently but haven't used it yet. Probably because it is too cold here in Melbourne and there is nowhere to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too cold here too, but I do recommend the pattern. I need to wear it to see how I feel about the waist elastic, but I love the tops I have made and I liked it when I tried it on. I hope the lock down finishes soon for you guys!

      Delete
  2. Welcome back to sewing & blogging!

    That dress looks lovely and I'm pleased that your skills were recognised with your winning entry.

    I can see why you are looking forward to wear this! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back, and your dress is gorgeous! Congratulations on your win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melinda. I love the dress so getting a place on is the icing on the cake.

      Delete

Love to hear what you think...