Just before Christmas I was offered an opportunity I could not turn down. A chance to buy a great second hand Cover Stitch machine. It was from a good sewing friend who has upgraded for various reasons so I was happy to take it off her hands. It arrived just before Christmas but I had to wait until after Christmas to give it a try. BTW it is a Brother 2340CV, before you ask.
I have decided I will concentrate on getting the hemming reasonable before moving onto any attachments. I played with wovens until I managed to get it stitching and then moved onto a jersey. I know I should probably practice more before moving onto garments but I am too keen to sew all the things, so I made Vogue 1179 for the third time. The first time here and the second time here. I love this style of dress and it is so easy to wear. The only difference in my third effort is that I had to make the collar less full as I did not have quite enough fabric.
...and to show the fabric in more detail...
At this stage I won't show the CS hem but it is reasonable enough.
No more cover stitch again for a little while but I did do a make-over on a dress I sewed back in 2015 - this one. I have worn this dress a lot as it is so cool and easy to wear. However, being silk it didn't take to the heavy wearing and the fabric gave way at the backside. I must sit too much! I decide it was too good to throw away so I hope I will get a few more wears out if it as a top. I marked and cut a new hemline (hi-lo) and sewed a narrow hem.
And as I am a bit of a messy sewist I decided I needed a little caddy to sit near my sewing machine to put all the bits and pieces I use often. That way hopefully it will be easier to tidy up and dust than having it spread all over the place,
I did read some tutorials on-line and you can find many. I just based this on those that I had read and made it to the size I needed.
A good way to use up some quilting fabric remnants.
Well I may be back soon with more cover stitch trials.
Ciao kittens... Happy 2018!