I have made a bow tie blouse from Burdastyle 10-2011 , which I have not shown you yet. But while I was sewing that on a whim, a new whim hit - the vest they pair with it. I have photos of that one, so for you... the vest...
I know Diana is missing a top but I was hoping you could see the details in these shots. I was pretty happy with my double welt pockets. The fabric is new, but the pattern is stash (ie 6 months or older and never used before). The buttons are stash as well. I think they were on a cardigan I had as a teenager. Seems suitable as they call this vest '70's styled to have buttons from then!
I like how the cut of the pattern brings the main fabric (corduroy) round to the back of the vest. The satin is a poly charmeuse satin that I found at Spotlight. I wasn't sure I would find a suitable colour to match the corduroy.
So piccies on me...
It actually fits me better than Diana particularly across the upper back.
I really liked wearing this vest and it just added the right weight for a Winter day in Brisbane. The review is here for those interested.
I hope to be back soon with pictures of the bow blouse.... Ciao!